Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Healer

Last March my dad was diagnosed with Acute myeloid leukemia. It is a cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells, characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was snowing and I was on my way to work and got a call from my dad crying (I have only seen him cry twice in my 29 years & that's when his parents died) anyways he called to tell me that I needed to come to the hospital. It was the hardest day of my life! I remember I was so angry and upset and didn't understand why this was happening, (a year an 1/2 earlier he had triple bypass surgery). I just didn't understand why he had to go through all the pain again.

He spent several weeks in Emory taking chemotherapy and receiving platelets and blood because the chemo would wipe out all of that. He spent about 6 months going back and forth to Emory taking chemo treatments and getting blood. He would have good days and bad days but he never gave up!

About 6 months ago we found out that he was cancer free!! Praise God He is the ultimate healer!! You know, that was six months ago, but just last night it really hit me, my Savior healed my dad of cancer!!!  I don't think I have ever really thanked Him & praised Him like He deserves!!!

I heard this song last night and it made me realize that no matter what pains or trials we face He is our healer. Sometimes we just have to have faith and trust that He is there & run to Him.

Whatever you may be going through whether it's the loss of a loved one, a broken heart, broken relationships or whatever it may be, trust in Him, He is our healer, He is all we need, NOTHING is impossible for Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment